|Occupation(s)||Shiseiten, Samurai, Berserker, leader of Clan Date|
|Manga Debut||Volume #10, Chapter #85|
Bokken (wooden sword)
AppearanceHe is a very tall and muscular man. He has grey hair. He wears a black cloack. He has a black bandage on right eye (he has lost an eye due to smallpox)
As he was first introduced, Bontenmaru was depicted as somewhat of a pervert, just as Kyo is. He is also very humorous, and enjoys teasing Kyo, whom he has something of a friendly rivalry with. In battle, Bontenmaru usually waits for his opponent to attack first, analyzing their style and countering with effective techniques.
Bontenmaru is also very devoted to his promises. When he was forced to kill his father, and later his brother, he resolved to become shogun, using their sacrifices as motivation to further push him not to give up.
However, all this changes when he enters his Beast Mode. In this form, Bontenmaru's body, and even mind are more akin to an animal's rather than a a human, and he fights on bare instinct, disregarding all forms of strategy.
Like the other members of the Shishiten, Bontenmaru uses a weapon in battle, his Bokuto, a wooden sword (he is skilled enough to fight against even Kyo's sword with this weapon)
However, Bontenmaru's main specialty is expert in hand-to-hand combat (he is so powerful, Kyo calls him "The Sharpest Sword" amongst the Shishiten, after Yukimura Sanada asks Kyo if Bontenmaru was the "sheath").
1) WillpowerIt resembles to Auras of Ki in Dragon Ball
- Ishi Suji A split second before the opponent hits the user with a taijutsu attack, the user tightens his/her muscles. Due to extensive training these muscles quickly take any blow that comes its way and returns the force back up the body of their attacker, effectively reflecting the taijutsu attack. A highly powerful technique, the strain this gives to muscles can be intense. It can even be use to block swords. It resembles to One Piece's Tekkai (Rob Lucci)
- Hishishokiaku: Bontenmaru kicks (karate style) to the opponent
- Kosoga: Bontenmaru swings one fist upwards in an uppercut motion and another downwards to form a vertical pincer, which an be used to break bones or, at a later stage, create a massive crater. This technique can also be used horizontally.
4) Ki Control
5) Beast ModeBontenmaru releases the beast within him, and enters an animal-like berserker rage, boosting his combat stats several fold. This resembles Rob Lucci's Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Leopard in One Piece
- Killing Intent / Aura
- Kouseiken: Bontenmaru focuses his energy in a punch, able to pierce the opponent
- Hibernation: he can perform a variation of this technique but that’s just a natural by product of his Satsujin Taijutsu technique due to its animalistic nature.
- Bontenmaru bears a striking reassemblance to Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach and Monkey D. Garp from One Piece (in appearance, physical strenght and fighting).
- See also: http://fatal-fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Bontenmaru (for Feats and Statistics).